The Hampton Roads Center of the National Organization of Circumcision Information Resource Centers is pleased to welcome you. The center is a non-profit educational organization that is run by a group of local experts on male circumcision.
We are working hard to spread information about the foreskin and circumcision. We believe that educating expecting parents is the best way to help parents protect their children from genital cutting.
What you need to know:
- The foreskin is a normal and vital part of the penis.
- Removal of the foreskin changes the way the penis functions.
- Current medical evidence does not support the practice of circumcision.
- No medical society in the world currently recommends that infants be routinely circumcised.
- Medicalized circumcision began during the 1800's to prevent masturbation, which was believed to cause disease.
- Many parents today are choosing to protect their newborns from circumcision.